Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I Spy A Finished Quilt
Fun with the self timer on my camera.
I did it! A real (small) I Spy quilt! I machine pieced the whole thing and machine quilted wavy lines in between the rows. There are 120 little pictures to spy.
I used a thrifted sheet for the back. It is so perfectly worn and soft.
It took me about a week to make in the evenings. I used the striped bias tape I made last year for the sides. The bias tape was a bit wonkey and not perfectly even, so I machine sewed the front and hand stitched the back. Hated it! Then I made another binding (not on the bias-sneaky!) and used Angry Chickens No Swearing method to sew it on with the machine. It worked out pretty well.
This one is going to a family at church. Both daughters need surgery in the next few months. I figure this will keep them cozy and hopefully entertained during their recovery.
I am really feeling like I have come to the other side of a big learning curve with my sewing lately and it's so nice!