Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tall Cloche for Valentines

This weeks CSI theme is Valentines Day. I can not yet share my Heart to Heart Valentines Swap goodies and up until tonight I hadn't decorated for Valentines.
Valentine Cloche

 (Man! It's hard to light pictures at night.) Always one to join in on a creative challenge, I decided to combine some household elements to make a tall cloche.
IMG_3217 
This pile includes my juice glass mini cloche, a coaster, a candle stick, moss, ribbon, and my grandparent's house key. That luscious two toned ribbon was my favorite part of a bath soap gift. Beautiful ribbon, you are a gift that keeps on giving. The juice glass cloche is just an upside down juice glass with a wooden knob glued on top. I set it on a coaster or a saucer. Voila! A cloche.
IMG_3221
The heart is an eraser. It was probably was confiscated some Valentines gone by. If classroom tools become toys, I take them. Then they become decor. LOL!

Everything is just layered together. Some Quake Hold keeps the coaster and the candlestick secured temporarily. I don't want to make permanent decorations for Valentines. I simply do not want to have to store more single use stuff.

The Complete Works of Shakespeare is symbolic of love. It gives height and a dash of red to this grouping. Along side it are a wedding picture, a bowl of heart shaped rocks and a small apothecary jar with Mardi Gras beads.

I love this elevated cloche so much I am scheming about other vases and candlesticks that might be temporarily commissioned.

So what are you up to this week?

Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments:

Sibylle (Funkytime) said...

love this idea!

littlemissmk said...

i love this! an eraser? awesome! and including your grandparents house key is so special! its a ll so pretty together.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That is adorable! I keep ribbon from packages, too!

Unknown said...

How many beautiful ideas you pass to us! Thank you.