Saturday, October 17, 2009

A List of Random

1. RIP Chalkboard Fridge



I snuck out early to go to a church rummage sale, Cliff woke up later to find a big puddle in the kitchen. It was the telltale sign that the fridge had died.  Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but I sure am glad I skipped it. Had I been the one to discover the puddle and I would have missed the rumage sale (and neighboring garage sales.) By the time I got back, Cliff had done a lions share of the clean up. He even arranged with the neighbors to take in some of our now homeless frozen food. My job was to go online and buy a new fridge. That's my kind of job. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

2. Since I was an early bird, I snagged these three frames for just seven bucks!

Speaking of being an early bird, I went garage saling at about 9 and I though I would have lots of company. I went to three sales that were advertised as being open 9-4 and none of them had stuff out yet. They weren't set up until nearly ten.When we had a garage sale in NJ, people knocked on our door at 7:30 even though we advertised 8. By 8 we had everything set up and were doing our most brisk business. No matter, that is how I snagged these great chunky frames!

3. Check out this fruit garnish Cliff came up with!

We have been doing breakfast for dinner a few times a month. It's yummy, quick and quite thrifty. I was so delighted when this beautiful fruit garnish turned up I had to take a picture. It just made my day.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Wow, I can't believe the garage sales weren't already set up! I had a couple in LA before I moved and there were people there bright and early, ready to start tearin through stuff.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Oh no! But yay for a new appliance I guess!

We love "brinner" here!

HollyLynne said...

Bummer about the fridge! But I'm so with you . . . I'd have been glad I left the house to shop before it happened too! :D