Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I am done with my first Molly Monkey!
Didn't follow all the directions exactly.
Here are the changes I made:
1. Larger ears and a longer tail.
2. I used Wonder Under to fuse on the shoes and then sewed them right onto the feet. No loose pieces.
3. Didn't read the directions where it said to leave a spot in the back as the opening, so I have all sorts of wonkey stitches by the legs. Next time I will read all the directions first.
4. I am really trying to stick with the stash, so I used felt for the face and hate it! I wish I had used something else. Acrylic felt is so yucky and pilly.
5. I didn't make a patchwork skirt because I loved the ruffle on this vintage dress sleeve.