Monday, March 3, 2008

Recharging My Mojo

The past few weeks have been pretty busy for me. I had lots of grant stress mid month. Also, I just finished parent conferences and a ten week Saturday class I have been teaching.

And, this month marks the three year anniversary of trying to have a baby. I don't talk about it much here, but we have been through a rough bit. We are at a crossroads that has been wearing me down.

So, Cliff decided it was time *now* for a little get away. Using a gift certificate we got for Christmas, he booked us a night at the Channel Road Inn.

Now, we have been to quite a few B&B's thanks to Cliff's parents. They have all been so nice, but when I opened the door to our room and saw this...
Red Chair
and this...
Red Chest
I felt right at home! Love me some red, yes I do!

The Channel Road Inn is I guess mostly Victorian, but with a relaxed beachy vibe that's easy to settle into.

We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and evening. We went to a small local place for dinner and after a while we were the only ones at the restaurant! I felt a bit like Lady and the Tramp.

The next day we rode bikes on the beach. I wrote about that here on my other blog. It was a lot of fun.

I highly recommend vacationing in your own area. Without driving far we could really enjoy so much more time at the inn. Also, we didn't feel compelled to see everything. My desire to make the most of every minute on a trip can backfire sometimes.

I did feel a wee bit guilty about taking a day off to play hooky. Now that I feel so much more relaxed, I know I did the right thing. I needed to refuel.

Ahh, Mental health, a gift that keeps on giving!

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

:-( I am so sorry to hear about the infertility problems.

Nutsy Coco said...

I'm a big endorser of mental health days!

I hope you find resolution to your fertility troubles. One of my dearest friends struggled too but is now the very proud parent of a beautiful adopted baby.

Jodi Ohl said...

Jane, sorry to hear about your troubles--I know you must want children of your own, but I hope you know how much you touch the lives of the wee ones you teach and inspire day in and day out.

Good for you for taking a refueling break--sounds like you and Cliff had a great time away!