Sunday, November 15, 2009

Looking for a Jacqueline



I was at Goodwill the otherday when they announced that all children's clothing was going on sale for $0.99. I went looking for a few t-shirts for this project. This is what I found. It so reminded me of my friend Viv's little girl. Viv's daughter spends her summers at the Jersey Shore and she is a real girly girl. I haven't seen her in many years, but I figured if the size four was too small, I would cut the shoulder seams and add wide ribbon ties to make it work. I just knew Jacqueline would love the flip flops. And, I am sure she would have if she wasn't Jacklyn. Dang!


I seemed to remember something about her daddy saying, ""Jacqueline reminded him of girls who wouldn't date him in high school" when they were picking names. I totally had doubts buying it, but just couldn't leave it at the store. It is absolutely pristine white soft terry cloth. Not a speck of stain anywhere. Jacqueline, much like Viv's Jacklyn, obviously didn't like getting messy. Which makes it all the more perfect for her. Double dang!

I thought of making some sort of sand patch to go over the name, but have instead decided to offer it up here.

Do you know a Jacquline who is a size 3 who can wear this next summer?

Just email me at janeclifflittle at yahoo dot com and I will send it to on. This adorable beach cover up deserves some love.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I wish I did! Too cute!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Sure dont, but its cute!

Ruth said...

It sure is cute. Unfortunately, I don't know any little Jacqueline's.

Ruth