Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pantry Peer Pressure

My dear husband, Cliff, suffers through a lot of mess in the name of creativity. He's Felix and I am Oscar. Well, this month's Craft '09 challenge with Finny & Donk was to organize the pantry.
Here's to you my dear Felix!The beginning: Cramped, narrow shelves make this pantry a challenge to improve. Step one: Clear out junk. Stocking up on canned goods just doesn't work for me. So much expired food! The waste made me sick!
Step two: I lined the backs of the shelves with light blue wallpaper. Now it's so much brighter. I can see the stuff in here! Hopefully I'll see things before they expire now! I also designated shelves for spices/ oils, dinner supplies, more dinner supplies, lunch and breakfast, and there is left over space at the bottom for duplicates and overflow. Click here for notes on this photo.Step three: Containerize! This handy thing is from the Container Store ( a few years ago) and it does a great job holding those pouches of taco seasoning and such. The talking George Forman thing came with our first grill (Thanks Viv & Gordon!) and I still get a kick out of George reminding me to "knock out the fat!"
This John Deere lunch box was a gift from Cliff a few years ago- to remind me of my Grandpaw. It was too small to really use, so it sat on a shelf. Now it's going to be enjoyed daily holding our opened pouches of marinades and such.

Thanks for the inspiration ladies! Once again, blogging has motivated me to get organized.

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Doesn't it feel great to tackle a project like that? Looks good!

M said...

Wow! You have done an amazing job! Congrats! It feels so good when it's done, hum?

Thanks a lot for your kind message on my blog! I appreciated it! ;-)

African Kelli said...

Dude, you rocked this project. Bravo!

Unknown said...

Great idea!

Junie Moon said...

You did an excellent job with this project. It looks great.