Friday, February 15, 2008

Flickr Inspiration Folder

I decided tonight that I need to get rid of my magazines. They are taking up some precious space and I don't look at them as much as I used to. With magazine resources online, Flickr and amazing blogs to read for inspiration, I don't feel the need to save most of my magazines anymore. 

Still parting is tough.

So, I tore out my favorite pictures from two of my favorite issues of Better Homes and Gardens and scanned them. I created a set of inspirational pictures on Flickr.

I hadn't read these two magazines in years, but I had saved them because I consulted them heavily when we first moved into the apartment. As I flipped through, I found that some of my tastes have changed. And, to my surprise, I had achieved the feel of the pages I really admired.

Here is one of the inspiration pages that I cut out tonight.

vintage pillows
And here are some pillows I made after we moved here.
 Dish towel pillows
Clearly the inspiration sunk in!
shelf
I loved the look of this shelf.
Without being the exact same thing, I think I did manage to capture the feeling here.
I'm thinking the online Flickr inspiration file might actually be a manageable system. We shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so amazed by your talent. Filing those away online is a great idea. Saves a lot of space and would make a great system for review. I'll have to follow your lead.

Unknown said...

I put that first picture in my favorites! Now it's in my online inspiration file as well. :)

I love the pillows you made--How did you do them?