Thursday, January 10, 2008

In My Urban Workshop

Welcome to my workshop living room.

It is a little known fact that I truly desire to have my own woodworking set up one day. My Grandpaw has a full shop in his basement. He has become quite a carpenter. Grandpaw can look at the Pottery Barn catalog and create stuff to order. He made my parents an amazing four poster bed from a picture in an Ethan Allen catalog. I so want to be able to do that!

For now, I am playing carpenter in my living room. This was a small cabinet that I found on the curb. Tonight, after Cliff went to the movies, I took the doors off with my power screwdriver! I heart power tools! I am going to transform this little cabinet in the next few days. I actually have one week to complete this project for a birthday gift. More details to come. In the meantime, I need to pick up my tools before Cliff gets home.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

My Dad is a woodworker, too! And he is just like your Grandpa and can look at something and recreate it or you tell him you need a solution for something and he whips up something perfect. :) I wish I had those skills!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to following your progress!