Friday, December 14, 2007


Green and Cheap and Not Half Bad

Each year I wrap packages for a hot potato game I play with the Crayons at our holiday party.  I wrap each gift with tons of layers of paper, so to save money and waste I start with magazine pages and then newspaper. Only the last layer is actually wrapping paper. 

I have to say, between Tiffany ads in the LA times and the gorgeous pictures in the Smith & Hawken and Williams Sonoma catalogs, I really didn't need wrapping paper at all. 

Most of my gifts this year are wrapped in gift bags made from my sister-in-law's bridesmaids dresses. Next year though, I will be sure to save the best catalogs for our gift giving! I love how these three came out. With some simple ribbon you would never know they were catalog pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are kidding that those are catalog pages!! I would have never believed it.