Monday, December 13, 2010

Parent Volunteer Gifts

HollyBloggyButton1


This year I am blessed with several parents who volunteer each week. Since this is pretty rare at my school, I want them to know just how appreciated they are. This Christmasy silhouette was my personal and budget friendly solution.

First, I edited a picture of my student in Picnik and changed the picture into a "pencil drawing."  Then I printed the picture out and taped it to the green paper with double sided tape. Next, I cut out the silhouette and used mounting tape to tape it to layers of scrapbook paper. A dollar store frame and it's ready for giving. So easy!


3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I've seen framed silhouettes before, but never in Christmas colors! What a great idea. It's really cute!

Anonymous said...

that is adorable! what a great idea and then you can hang them up every Christmas!! Please come link up tomorrow at ladybug blessings handmade tuesdays! www.ladybug-blessings.com

The Amusing Redhead said...

What a super special idea!