Summer is finally in full swing. Where have I been?
1. First I organized a book/bake sale for my awesome church. We used bookfinder.com to publicize our sale with great success. This is a nationwide service that advertises used book sales by region and non profits can advertise for free! With relatively little effort on the part of a handful of volunteers we raised $1,065! Not too shabby, right? Plus it was fun to hang out around books and visit with neighbors and friends. Not a bad way earn a buck.
2. Cliff and I celebrated our 7th anniversary!
We had a very simple celebration with our latest obsession Jersey Mikes Subs. One day not too long ago, Cliff came home all excited about this new sub shop over by Target. Well, I love subs! I have loved them since I was a little girl. Every summer on the way home from vacation I would share a huge sub with my father at Tom Walls in Avon, New York. However, since Cliff detests Subway, I always thought he didn't like subs. We never ate them together and he didn't even know I liked them. We looked at each other with google eyes at discovering something new to share. Even after seven years you can still discover new things! And, we have had Jersey Mikes every week since!
We don't really exchange gifts, but as a small token I made this eye chart using the lyrics from "I Will" by the Beatles. This song was performed at our wedding by one of my students. The website, Custom Eye Chart Maker is easy, but limited in the characters you can use. The last line of text is standard and so I had to upload my picture into Picnik and edit it. The font is not quite right yet, so this is still a work in progress. I hope to frame it soon though.
3. Not so much going on in the crafty life right now. I have wrestled with "stuff" lately. As in, what do I need? Oh sure there are a gazillion tempting ideas out there, but do I need more stuff? The big pay cut didn't help inspire me either. So together that has kind of put a damper on my crafting... for a bit.
4. To contradict all that, I am signing up for the latest Sweet Goodness Swap. That should get the juices flowing again!
5. In the meantime, my mama is coming to visit and I imagine we will spend our days, in part, just like this.
Hope you are enjoying your summer and that the living is easy.