Whenever those Goodness Girls host a swap I jump. I just love the creative themes they come up with! Today I am playing along with their 20 questions.
1. What is your favorite Summer Drink(s)?
Alcoholic: Margaritas- on the rocks, no salt
Non- Alcoholic: Snapple Ice Tea
2. What is your favorite Summer Activity?
Believe it or not...working! I really like being in the Crayon Box over the summer. And, that is a really good thing because I work at a year round school! Last year we had the "Pool at School" program and I will never forget it. We also went to the Getty and the Getty Villa. My principal takes a vacation for a couple of weeks in the summer and the pace is a bit more laid back. Of course, here in sunny So Cal nearly everyday is summer-like weather so I am not missing out by being at work.
3. If you could spend a lazy afternoon reading, what would be in your hands?
I love decorating magazines- Domino, Better Homes & Gardens, and Martha (however due to the amazing blogs I read, I canceled most of my magazine subscriptions.
Annie Lamott- Traveling Mercies was my favorite
Dog stories- Marley & Me had me at hello
Southern Lit- I could read the Ya Ya Sisterhood books over and over again
David Sedaris- Cliff reads his books to me as a bedtime story. I fall asleep laughing.
4. What is your favorite type of craft/art medium?
Right now it is sewing. It takes a lot of concentration and takes me away from my job stress.
5. What is one art/craft supply you absolutely have been dying to have or try?
My absolute dream is to have a woodworking shop one day. I want to look at the Pottery Barn catalog and say, "I can make that!" I used to watch Christopher Lowell and would love to make bookcases the way he does. Until then, God Bless Billy!
I also would like to make Bakerella's cupcake lollipops. I tried once and well... not so good. Maybe I need to get the real supplies rather than "wing it."
6. What are your favorite colors in our 'rainbow sherbet' theme? Pink, lime green, yellow, orange, aqua (or blue) Oh, I like them all. Mmm, now I'm thinking about sherbet. Yum!
7. What is your favorite sweet treat?
My favorite summer sweet treat is Twizlers. They are the perfect summer treat because they taste better a little warm and soft. Also, I have found that sand doesn't stick to them which is handy at the beach!
8. Are there any craft or art supplies you would NOT be interested in receiving?
I do not want to knit. Well, I would like to knit, but I have to draw the line somewhere! Small apartment, big fabric stash!
9. What is your favorite song today?
The Crayons and I have been singing "Pay Me My Money Down" by Bruce from this album. I have been playing the album a lot as part of our Storytelling Unit. It's an inside joke for me since we have had so many payroll problems this year. Bruce just makes the day go better, no?
10. How do you 'pamper' yourself during the hot summer days?
Fudge pops, swingy skirts, and lots of water! I also turn all the AC vents on me in the car so my hair flies around while I am driving. It's a look.
11. Do you have any kidlets or pets?
Sniff. No. I saw a litter of pittbull pups up for adoption last Saturday and I can not shake the cuteness. It was all I could do to pull myself away from their soft, warm, wiggly, love'n. Our building doesn't allow pets. Sniff.
12. What is your best potluck dish for summer get togethers?
I wish I had more summer get togethers. I really miss picnics. City apartment living changes the vibe of summer get togethers a lot. Makes me miss NJ. Now we picnic at the Hollywood Bowl and I usually pack sushi.
13. If you could take a summer vacation anywhere, where would it be?
Surf City or Beach Haven on Long Beach Island, NJ
14. Describe your decorating style. Does that say anything about your personality?
I guess you could call it "Thrifty Chic" -colorful, comfy, vintagey. My favorite end table is an old wooden office file cabinet that I found on the side of the road and restored. It says truthfully, that I believe in second chances and long term relationships.
15. What are your initials? I post at my other blog about my beautiful Crayons and to protect both the innocent and the guilty, I use a pen name.
16. Why do you like to join swaps?
I like to make stuff and give it away. I also like mail. Swaps fit that bill so nicely! I like the creative challenge of the themes too.
17. You have 25 dollars to spend just on you for a little treat. What do you buy? (you can list more than one thing) Probably something thrifted or fabric. The thrill of the hunt is what I love about thrifting. I love all the colors and patterns in fabric as much as the thoughts about what to make with it.
18. What's one craft supply or art supply you absolutely can not live without?
Thread. It's amazing how many spools of thread I have used up in my short sewing life. Too bad they are no longer wooden.
19. Who's the last person you hugged? Cliff. He's gives a*great* hug!
20. What's your favorite number and why?
It used to be four. Not sure why. I guess I like even numbers because they are easy to work with. Now, however it is three. We got married on July 3, 2003. Also, Ms. Jone's Multiplication Rap "Counting By Threes" is most often stuck in my head.
Here are some pics of some of my Sweet Goodness Swap Packages!
Sweet Goodness! I wrote a lot!