My friend Lisa always has a fun project or theme connected to her birthday party, but this year she outdid herself!
To celebrate her own abundant year, she played Oprah and had a giveaway party!
After dining on her good china we all gathered in her living room to be showed with great recommendations and quite a few wonderful gifts!
1. Neutrogena Hand Creme
2. Neutrogena Micro Mist Spray Tanner - Deep Lisa recommends using the deep no matter how pale you are for faster results. She typically sprays this on everyday until she gets the color she wants. I must say she does have an even and natural (not too dark) tan.
3. A nap kit: Lisa is an expert at catching a few zz's during the afternoon, here is her advice:
-The Bucky 40 Blinks eye mask Concave spaces make this mask super comfy. I know because Lisa gave us all one! (Cheers! Applause! The party goes wild!) Cliff calls it my "face bra."
-Nap Socks Super soft and warm, but not too warm. Again, I know because we all got a pair! Whoo Hoo! More cheering!
-ear plugs Lisa wrapped our earplugs in a teeny tiny Chinese take out box. Too cute! Definitely worthy of some more cheering.
4. Lisa works her Tivo like a pro and thus she is an expert TV viewer. This is one gal who doesn't watch reruns or junk! She gave us the TV Guide Summer line up issue and a promise to text us when the Fall preview issue comes out on news stands.
5. Mary Kay lipstick in Amber Suede- Lisa says that when she wears this she feels better and gets more compliments. People ask her if she just got a haircut or something! A lips stick that gives you a good hair day, I'm in! We each got a sample!
6. Karen Drucker Songs of the Spirit II. We all got a cd! Mine has been on heavy rotation in the Scion. "Thank You For This Day" and "Healed, Whole and Healthy" kept me going during the last week of school.
7. CVS Brand Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths- Isn't nice to know the store brand works as well as the major brands! We each got a pack! Yippy!
I may be forgetting some things, but these were the major recommendations and gifts.
After Lisa shared, we all went around and had a show and tell of our items too. Some favorite things included lip balm, homemade bath salts, and a CD of hot romantic songs!
I took Murphy's Oil Soap and Goop which are my favorite stain removal products. Laundry isn't one of my favorite things, but together these products once saved my brand new jeans from a tar splatter. Thus, I am forever preach'n their healing ways.
After show and tell we each drew a number and selected our new favorite thing to try. I was especially delighted to get The Cake Mix Doctors Cookbook! By the way, the good "Dr," has a great blog where she doctors a lot more than just cakes.
So there you have it! A lot of info about the greatest adult birthday party I have been to. Now, if only Oprah would read this and invite us all on the show to talk about it!