Monday, November 14, 2011

Due Date- One Week Away! Pink Christmas

With just one week to go, I decided it was now or never for Christmas decorating. I had my heart set on a pink Christmas and fell in love with this pink tree from K-Mart.  However, Cliff wasn't too sure about a pink tree. (I think since all the baby stuff started appearing he has been a bit on pink overload.) The $65 price tag was  more than I wanted to spend. I am sure it will go on deep discount later and I might be tempted to pick one up at that time, but I didn't want to wait.
 Baby's First Christmas Tree
Then one night I was in Target and I browsed through the Matthew Mead Holiday magazine.



Gorgeous! It was just the inspiration I needed. He featured a white feather tree with pale pink tissue paper flowers tucked in the branches. It was then that I knew, I would be very happy with this white tree from Walmart for $25 . I happen to be flush with pink tissue paper from my showers. They were easy to make and fill in the gaps where you can see the pole very well.
Close up
I am very happy with it.  
During the 80's and 90's I amassed quite a collection of Cherished Teddy ornaments which are perfect for a pink tree. Cliff's parents picked up this Fisher Price ornament at their factory store. The classic stacking rings were Cliff's first present to me when he was just 4 and I was only a week old. Yes, we go back that far. Actually, I had quite a few pink ornaments. It was so nice to leave the majority of my Christmas decorations behind and do something new.
Close Up
Then, I hit the jackpot at Goodwill today and found this adorable deer. You know I am out of the blogging habit because I totally forgot to take a before picture. But, you have all seen a realistic looking ceramic animal before. Props to all of you who can spray paint these figurines to perfection. I am far too impatient. My coats were a bit thick and drippy. Hard to tell though because I used semi-gloss paint which is a bit more forgiving. Anyway, I love this pink deer.
Painted Deer
Tonight I am working on the mantle. More pictures to come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

One week! Eeek!

And the tree is beautiful! Perfectly soft and pink for a baby girl. Oh boy, I can't wait to see her! :)

jungle dream pagoda said...

Love the pink tree!!! You take care of yourself and post pics of that baby as son as you can!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I soooo happy for you and your pink Christmas to come. :)

Rebecca said...

Lovely! And I wouldn't have known that deer wasnt pink to begin with. :) One week to go!