Monday, May 17, 2010

A Couple of Deals I Wanted To Share You

Hello friends!

Today I want to share a couple of deals with you. Both are from family run businesses. If the internet has done one positive thing, I think it is the rise of small businesses. Especially women owned businesses!

The first is the Quilling For Dummies Kit. It's on sale now at Quilled Creations. Actually, you can get 15% off anything you order if you use the code "EM4K." I know I have mentioned it before, but my 4th grade girls and boys are way into quilling. Also, after a sports injury my colleague's daughter took up quilling while she recovered. It was the perfect distraction. Quilling kits are the perfect "tween" gift!
My First Quilling Students

The second deal is from Ann Clark Cookie Cutters From Vermont. Readers of this blog can get 10% off  until December 31st 2010. The discount code is BLGA23.  They also offer free shipping when you order three or more cookie cutters. Since it's been my tradition to make cookies to coordinate with charity donations I plan on enjoying this discount. 
 Cookies for a Dallas Fan
Theme cookies make great gifts for guys. I made these for a Dallas fan one year. They would have been so much cooler if I had the helmet cookie cutter. I have a few shark fans in my life. Shark cookies would be a good and unexpected gift.

Just for fun, look at these cool promotional cookie cutters they have done. Here is one for Stuart Weitzman. Here is the Michelin Man!

PS.
Did you see that my lemonade stand is a finalist in the DIY Club contest this month? You can vote for me #38 here.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Thank you for this! I've been toying around with ordering a quilling kit after all your praise about it, but the last thing I need is another craft! :-) However, my 10 year old step-daughter comes for the summer and she is getting to be less than enthusiastic about leaving all her friends behind to spend the summer with her dad many states away! I ordered the Dummies Kit for her! She loves crafts and hopefully this will give her something new and exciting to do this summer and help distract from her from missing her friends. :-)

Now I just have to wait until she gets here to learn to quill!