Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Butterfly for Bella

B for Bella & Butterfly


This summer I was sitting in the backseat with my little friend Bella. She has this great big magna-doodle thing and it keeps her quite entertained in the car. I had been doing errands with her mom all morning and we had been chit chatting quite a bit.
At one point I said, "Hey Bella, would you like to learn how to make a butterfly out of the letter B?" She agreed and I drew two B's to make the wings with the body in between. Bella's eyes grew large and she looked at me as if to say, "Aunt Jane you have been talking all morning, but this...this is something I can use!" It was so funny!

Later that same night at dinner, I noticed that she was frustrated by her crayons. The restaurant crayons were too soft and broke easily. The big crayons in her "underwear bag" were too fat for the detailed coloring she wanted to do.
Bellas Twist- Up Crayon Pouch

My fourth graders love Crayola Twistable crayons. They are coveted for their self sharpening twisty fun. I knew they would be just right for Bella too. So I was thrilled to see that my 99 Cents Only store carried twistable crayons. 

Naturally, the simple velcro pouch had to have a B butterfly!

Weeks later her mom reported to me that Bella successfully drew her own B butterfly on her magna doodle. Upon showing it to her parents she said, "Look! Your friend Jane showed me how to draw this. Do you remember her?"

That kid cracks me up!

5 comments:

Coleen said...

I'm sorry to leave a message for you this way, but I'd like to email you but am not sure how. Is there any way you reply to this message?

Anonymous said...

I love it!

ChesterAndDonkey said...

Cute story! I have a cousin Bella ... maybe I can teach her this someday.

Nutsy Coco said...

That is such a cute bag and story!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That is really cute!