Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Craft Club -Owls

Craft Club Owls

Love these. They are loosely based on a paper machae birds tutorial from Art for Little Hands.
Craft Club was a huge success. Sometimes I had 15 students and other times I had about 5. Either way it always just worked out. I really enjoyed the laid back discussions we could have. I really believe more than anything else children want to have time to talk with the adults in their lives. When the craft project had a "just right" level of difficulty the children were engaged and also could make conversation. Those were the best days. I learned so much about their lives and minds.

While I relish having the summer off, I really do look forward to going back -refreshed- and ready for another year of fourth grade. Fourth graders are the best.

6 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Aww, those are so cute. Enjoy your summer vacation!

redchuckstress said...

They are each so unique. Super cute!

Sarah and Jack said...

I wonder if there's a flickr problem. I cant see any of your photos this morning.

Jane said...

There is something going on. A few of my photos, for no apparent reason, switched to private settings. ??

Melissa said...

They are adorable!!

littlemissmk said...

so cute. and i agree that sometimes kids just want some time to talk and be heard by adults. thanks for all you do.