Thursday, May 20, 2010
BBQ Hostess Gift
A diet Coke can,
a 2" scalloped circle punch,
a hole punch,
one leather shoestring
and some kitchen scissors.
Add a bandanna...
and a bottle of wine...
or barbecue sauce...
Bolo Tie Wrap How To:
1. Wear gloves and cut open the soda can with your super tough kitchen scissors.
2. Flatten out a section and punch out a scallop. Amazingly, the edges are not too sharp. I wouldn't caress them or anything, but they weren't too sharp to touch or anything.
3. You can add some fancy details by pressing firmly with a pen on the print side of the can. Use a magazine or something soft underneath it. The indents will show nicely on the plain silver side.
4. Hole punch two holes top and bottom.
5. Wrap your gift in a bandanna.
6. Wrap the shoelace around the neck of the bottle once and then thread it through the top hole, behind the scallop and into the bottom hole-bolo tie style.
There you have it- a western style wrapping on a shoestring budget!
This won't be the last you'll see of punched soda cans around these parts!
I am linking to Frugal Friday on the Shabby Nest.