Monday, June 1, 2009

Goodwill Hunting





Today there is a Goodwill party at Thrifty Decor Chick so naturally, I am going to play along!

There is a thrift store on every block in LA. I was stunned by them all when I first moved here. There is a huge range too: trendy resale to the celebrity stylists, high priced charity resale, and down and dirty thrift. Goodwill brand is very popular. There are three just on my drive home from work. Each has it's own character, but they are all really clean and pretty well run.

Sometimes I get a bit down on Goodwill because the prices can be really high for resale, but Saturday I had a good experience.

Thrifted Sign from Goodwill
I love dogs! Because of my allergies, I can never have a dog. Anyway, I compensate in other ways and dogs are featured in my decor both at home and at school. I had admired this sign at Anthropologie in the past.
Price Tag from Anthropologie
But, since discovering thrift, Anthro is more of an inspiration place. I rarely buy things there. I don't pay full price for these kinds of things anymore.

Happily, this baby went home with me Saturday for $2.99!

I am looking forward to checking out everyone's finds and getting re-inspired for summer thrifting and garage sales!

7 comments:

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

No way! What a steal!!

Unknown said...

WOW awesome find!!! How cool is that!

EMBELLISH said...

Great find. On HGTV there always seems to be an abundance of thrift stores just like you described and I am so envious. I am glad you can take advantage of the great finds. P.S. I agree Goodwill has gotten pricey.

Mama Said Sew said...

That's a great find! So, what time is dinner? :)

Ali said...

Oh what a great find. I am so jealous of all your Goodwills! I have about 3 or 4 closeby, but closeby for me is within a 30-45 min drive! The closest one is 15-20 mins away and it isn't that great. Such is life in the boonies lol! Thanks for stopping by!

Reborn said...

LOVE IT! Things that are unique and make me stop and laugh are my favorite!

jennifer said...

I think GW is kinda high too. They like themselves a little too much...

love your find! anthropologie is one of my faves!