Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pleasantville Post Office

Paris Swap
Today I actually enjoyed a "small town" experience at the post office. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I called my mother and told her this could be "blog worthy."

I mailed a few packages and the clerk gave me some money saving tips about packaging for the future. There was some enjoyable chit chat about the weather. Then we both lamented possibly having to turn on the air conditioning so early in the season. The whole conversation lasted about four minutes, but that is about 3.5 minutes longer than any conversation I have ever had at the post office. Usually it is crowded and I am behind about twelve Ebay sellers. By the time I get to the counter it's all business.

Today, there was no line and everyone was really cheerful. Made my day!

1 comment:

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

Isn't it always great to find small town courtesy in a big town world?