Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reading Nook

We have this strange little corner nook in our living room. When we first moved in, my father thought it was just crying out for a statue. Lots of ideas were suggested, but we left it blank until this weekend. It took me two weeks to get some ten minute Ana White $10 Ledges built, but they are done now and I am thrilled with the results!
Marilee's Reading Nook
I have made a bunch of these ledges and I love them all. They are easy, affordable, and quick. Especially true if you don't have a baby afraid of the drill. Imagine that! My kid afraid of the drill. Maybe it's for the best. Probably so.

I got the idea for the planter thing from this pin. The adorable lamb rug is from Aunt Piper via Red Envelope.
Of course, I have all sorts of geeky teacher plans to thematically arrange the bookshelves. In the meantime, board books it is. 

She Likes It
I think she likes it!

4 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Great use of the space!

Unknown said...

It's perfect for that space! Like it was meant to be!

littlemissmk said...

just popped over here to see if you had any new pics of the babe, and my- where have i been?! attention jane- you have the cutest baby in the world. i'm serious. she is BEAUTIFUL. on my way out so i can't comment on all these lovely posts, but just had to say- awesome crafting, wonderful nursery ideas, and STINKIN CUTE BABY!!!!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

We made some really similar shelves several years ago and still LOVE them. They're so easy for little kids to put books away. They look great! And I love the story about your little girl crawling with her great-grandpa!