Monday, March 14, 2011

Craigs Easy

Living in Los Angeles has it's drawbacks. We have tons of traffic, pollution, high rent, 9.75% sales tax. 

However, we have some perks too. And for a born junker such as myself, the LA Craigslist is pure gold! Not every area has millions of  people who move a lot and are always needing to get rid of stuff -cheap.

This Saturday I decided to use Craigs Easy to troll the free section of Craiglist. Here are some gems I found.





First up, I wish I had room for this wonderfully chippy free hutch!
Craigslist is always good for some bizarre things. Even though I wouldn't allow this in my house if my life depended on it, I am glad we live in a world were people do make tin can waterbeds.  This guy welded over 4,000 soda cans to make this waterbed. Go ingenuity! Let's hope he's ditching this because he met a nice lady who said, "Um, no way, no how!"


Love this rocker. Again, I don't have space for it now. I did think about taking it and fixing it up for resale. Right now I have a lot on my plate with school and do not need the distraction of extra projects.
Did I just say that I didn't need extra projects? I did respond to this ad for free wood. I hope I get it too. Ana White's site gives me the serious "buildies" as she would say.

I also responded to an ad for a vintage office chair. I could make room for this and donate Cliff's current run of the mill office chair. Fresh paint and a new cusion and that chair would be amazing!

Using CraigsEasy it really is easy to zip through hundreds of ads in just a few seconds. It shows you just the pictures. I saw tons of great stuff for the right person. There were gliders and Little Tikes toys, unopened boxes of diapers, plants, desks and all sorts of building supplies.

Do you Craigs Easy? Have you scored any great free stuff lately?

5 comments:

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I've never used Craig's List, but The Man has. You have spurred my interest, so I may be looking there for some things for the next home.
CAS

Arya said...

I love craigslist but not as much as I loved the one for my old town back in Oregon (I could find great deals and free finds everywhere there) but I do find a few items every now and then that are real gems.

Susan said...

I love Craigslist - I have the app on my phone and love that, too. Gotta be quick!

Ms C @ HappyElastic said...

I wish we had Craigslist here! I love the green dresser, it's gorgeous! It always makes me smile when I see them called a hutch, here it means a cage for a rabbit.

littlemissmk said...

i love the green dresser! and i've never heard of craigseasy, i'll have to check it out!