Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Some Easter Treats for Me

A Few Easter Scenes

I am bummed because I dug into my Easter Egg Swap package with such abandon that the tags are all messed up and I can no longer give proper respects. The eggs were amazing and I quickly added them to my display shelf, coffee table and just about any other surface there was. Also pictured here are the darling chick salt and pepper shakers from my Christmas stocking. Thanks Santa!



My Easter
I enjoyed a lovely (although cold) Easter. I went to both church services at HUMC and they both really rocked my socks. Our pastor can preach! The music was great! I also volunteered at the welcome table which was really fun. It was so great to meet new people and just feel the love that is HUMC.

The rest of the afternoon was quiet...until the earthquake and actually, that was pretty quiet too. Later in the evening we went to see Nellie McKay in Echo Park and she was fantastic.

And, the Easter goodness has continued on...

My mother-in-law sent me these adorable and delish chocolate tools. There was a wrench too, but that didn't even make the picture. Yum! They were from Andy's Candies which brings back tons of memories for me.
Chocolate Tools

Then I got a big box from Amazon in the mail. It contained the Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts. At first I missed the gift tag and thought that I had won Junie Moon's giveaway (I didn't because it's still going on. Go on over and enter- especially since I am out of the contest!) Nope, my mama sent this to me. She had signed up for some promotion with Amazon that gave free shipping for a month and wanted to order something big while the getting was good. Man! It's an awesome book! Martha really does know everything. In the back there is this CD with all the patterns to print out at home. Can't wait to dig in this weekend.  Thanks Mama!



Finally, I leave you with this Nellie McKay Dog Song.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

happileah said...

Love the chocolate tools, those are so great! How sweet of your mother in law and your mama:)

p.s.There's a giveaway happening at my blog, if you're interested!

Junie Moon said...

I'm so glad you were gifted with a copy of Martha's new book. It made me laugh to read that you thought you'd won my giveaway and then realized my offer hasn't ended yet. I would probably have thought the exact same thing in similar circumstances.

The chocolate tools are a great idea, now I'm thinking about using them in a "man" gift since I struggle finding interesting gifts for the men in my life. They're also fun for crafty women, too. Plus -- imagine the yumminess of such a gift.

greenbean art said...

hmm, my first comment didnt go thru due to an error!

that was very sweet of your mom! so many wonderful easter treats and goodies!!

Heather said...

How AWESOME that your church had a banana pudding throw down and what a great way to help those in Haiti, very creative! PS love the little chocolate tools, they are SO cute!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I didnt even think about wrapping my eggs, oops! Mine was the blue one with the white bird!

littlemissmk said...

i love the S and P shakers! And lucky girl to get a copy of the MS book! :)