Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Kitchen Business Perhaps

Hollywood UMC from Highland
Hello!

We have had company for the last few days which has meant I needed to keep the apartment clean. This has put a halt to all creative endeavors for a bit. Tons of ideas in my head though, so stay tuned.

This week I listed the Simple Blue Kitchen on the Los Angeles Craigslist. While I have yet to sell it, I did receive this email which I thought could be really interesting.

"I just have to tell you you are doing a great job with the play kitchens. The black one you sold was awesome I wanted to buy it but I was not able to take the time to go pick it up. I liked it a lot. I am a preschool teacher and a mother of a little girl. How fun to have one. I have a cabinet that I think would work out to be similar to your last one. What would be the price? What a great ministry. Thanks!"

I guess it sort of is becoming a ministry. I am a big believer in abundance thinking. I believe that when we pray to God and row for the shore, our needs will be provided. So far, I have found all three cabinets for free. Now it seems that that good Lord is actually sending the cabinets and the customers to me!

Speaking of ministry, if you live in Los Angeles and are looking for a church home, please feel welcome at Hollywood UMC. If you are ineterested in visiting, email me. I would love to meet you!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

How nice to receive that email. What an encouragement.
Ruth

Maridith said...

I thnk it is absolutely wonderful what you are doing. What a big heart you have!!! Your emailer is right this is like a ministry and a way for you to reach out to others. I would join you at your church if I lived in Hollywood!!