Saturday, December 27, 2008

Black Apple Doll for A Big Apple Baby

Big Apple Baby

Today I am going to a baby shower for Cliff's best friend's wife. Cha Cha is a successful couture milliner. (I can not wait to see the toppers this kid will wear!)

Kevin writes about his adventures in NYC and dreams of one day opening a Jazz club.
No ordinary shower gift would do for this eclectic couple.

I picked out this onesie with the new daddy in mind.
Then Cliff saw this one.Turns out Bukowski is Kevin's favorite poet. The quote says, "Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink." Makes me think "college dorm neighbors" more than "baby girl." But, apparently, that's my issue. We did order it in pink to feminize it a bit.

The shower is at a country club. I can only imagine the grandmother's reaction..."Pee in the sink?" Ug. So, I threw in a cute pair of Baby Legs and made a Black Apple rag doll to soften the overall gift. The doll is quite easy to make if you remember not to over stuff the legs and arms.

Black Apple Doll For A Big Apple Baby

The funny thing is that we had the shirt sent straight to my in-laws since the shower is here. My mother in-law opened the package and was quite perplexed. I wish I had been there to see her face. Bukowski as baby wear is lost on her too.

No comments: